Friday, January 15, 2016

White as Snow

"Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD, "Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool." (Isaiah 1:18 NAS)

White as Snow
Wow! Where do I begin to speak about the Word of God? From my past posts it can be seen that God took me on a journey through His word that began with a simple, “Come to me and I will give you rest” (Matt 11:28)”, to “Cast your cares upon the Lord because He loves you” (1 Peter 5:7). For me, these two verses were the beginning of wisdom. They are the perfect starting point for anyone new to Jesus and His salvation. In the Word, Jesus said that, if I called upon His Name, then I would be saved. I did, and so did He, just as He had promised, long before I was born. I now stand forgiven in Christ; a new man; a new creation.

God never ceases to amaze me in what He will do and has done in my life. Every promise He made to me has been kept. He promised to save me – He did (Isaiah 45:22). He promised to always be with me – He has (Matt 28:20). He promised that He would never let me go it alone – He hasn’t (Ps 73:23). Every step I have taken with God has been blessed and accomplished through His strength, His wisdom, and His love. There has not been a time in the last fourteen years that God has let me down once. He has always held me up in whatever situation I faced. God’s work in my life has given me to confidence to follow Him anywhere because I know that it is He who will accomplish it through me. I have His word on it (Ps 62:8).

Isaiah 1:18 is one of the most beautiful, joyful, and extraordinary set of words ever written. Jesus is asking me to reason with Him about the fact that His salvation and forgiveness have washed away my sins to the point of His not seeing them anymore as they once were, dirty and stained, but now sees them as being as white as snow and like new wool, fresh and clean. This is a promise I can grasp a hold of and cling to when Satan or others around me try to “help” me remember who I once was before Jesus.

God promised that I would one day preach the Gospel, which I have done from time to time, and through the articles I write and post. God promised me in 1999 that I would go to bible school, and here I am, learning and growing. God has promised to take care of me in any and every situation, something He has never failed to do. I lean on the promises of God because I know that I can trust them, and because I know their source. Every word found in the Bible is a promise from God that He is in control of your life, if you promise Him to step out of His way and let Him lead it, He will. God’s promises never fail (Isa 54:10; Heb 6:18). Bobby Bruno

No comments:

Post a Comment