Friday, January 1, 2016

New Opportunities for a New Year

New Opportunities for a New Year
Last year was interesting for me. I would have never guessed that some things ended up the way that they did. We only guess the future.

Without a doubt there were things that I could have done better:

  • I could have prayed more
  • I could have studied harder
  • I could have spent wiser
  • I could have exercised more
  • I could have read more
  • I could have found more creative ways to show my loved ones that 
  • I appreciate them
  • I could have saved more
  • I could have gotten to know more people

As you look at my list I’m sure that you can think of your own list.

There is one thing that I want to take more seriously, and that is Christ’s second coming. If I really believe that then it should be reflected in my life. I need to think about it. I need to pray about it. I need to tell others about it.

I encourage us not to take a few things for granted:

  • Vision
  • Hearing
  • The sensation of touch
  • Smelling 
  • Taste
  • Parents
  • Spouses (boyfriends / girlfriends)
  • Relatives
  • Church Family
  • Good Friends
  • Being able to read and write
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • God’s grace

With each new day we are given the opportunity to make decisions.

The Apostle Paul shares: “Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 3:13-14).

This year I encourage us to forget those feelings of I “should have” / “could have” and press ahead. That word for “press” in this context means to pursue aggressively. I want to be closer to God in such a way that I have no time to get stuck in yesterday. Every single day I want to draw closer to God! This is my encouragement to you brother and sister who has ended this year burdened and feeling defeated. God can still lift burdens and give you the desire and the ability to serve Him!

So with this New Year embrace the new opportunities! Emeka Buffong


No comments:

Post a Comment