Friday, October 19, 2018

Make Mine a la Mode

Make Mine a la Mode
“Make mine apple pie `a la Mode!” Separately, both the apple pie and vanilla ice cream is good, but together they are very good. I feel like I am getting an extra special treat. Why not splurge? The opportunity does not arise often and I will rise to the occasion.

God rewards us when we seize each opportunity to pray. “Make mine prayer `a la Mode!”

Any good pie begins with a crust foundation, prayer starts on the foundation of faith; God hears and answers prayer. The pie filling is a perfect blend of apples, sugar and cinnamon.

We fill our prayers with praise, confession, thanksgiving and requests. I have used the easy reminder in the acronym A-C-T-S.

  • Adoration
  • Confession
  • Thanksgiving 
  • Supplication

Scoops or dollops of ice cream sit atop the apple pie. I top off prayers with portions of God’s word and pray In the name of Jesus, God’s Son.(1 John 5:14) PamFord Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment