Friday, May 18, 2018

Losing Your Balance? Lean on Jesus

Losing Your Balance? Lean on Jesus
I am sitting here at the keyboard in the position of trying to go in to have a quiet time for over three hours now. I actually got to my QT place once and began praying. Then remembered someone I was supposed to write to on e-mail, which was triggered by my prayer list, and here I am back at the computer again. No, I didn’t follow my own instructions of having a paper and pen in my quiet time place to write down “distractions and things to do” for AFTER the time spent with my Jesus. Can you relate to me here, warts and all? Then I hear His whisper:

My Daughter, guard against being so easily distracted. Know that I love you and am working much on your behalf. Things aren’t often as they appear. Lean on Jesus and you’ll never be off balance for long. Know that I know and rest in that. Stand. I will, I move in perfect, harmonious timing. Be not dismayed nor discouraged. Allow Me to open and close doors. Receive My peace and joy. Delight in My world/work, wherever you are. Selah (pause and think calmly about that)

It seems like I just wrote a devotional about Mary and Martha. Lord, might this mean that I am not too tuned in yet? That I am reading and it is going “in one eye and out the other”, that I am still “Martha-ing” my way through life most of the time. Then please at least help me write addressing this occasion.

In Luke 10:40 it speaks about Martha being distracted. I know there are also places in this same Bible where it talks about Jesus loving Martha. Hum, maybe I should change my middle name from Lynn to Martha. I guess the very best thing to do would be to pray and ask the Lord Jesus to change ME, not my middle name. To help me not be distracted and going like a little ping pong ball from floor to wall to ceiling, to FOCUS and SIT. I wonder if they have obedience training school for us saints. OK. Back to Luke.

Martha was distracted by all the preparations. I can relate. Who else is going to straighten the kitchen, load the dishes and wash, scoop kitty boxes and feet those four legged furry critters? Not Mick, nope, he is off earning money to pay the bills.

Lord, I am RETIRED. How did I ever get it done when we were both working and taking care of my folks in two different facilities and their home before that sold? I am retired and seemingly having less time than I did back then. No we didn’t have teenagers thrown into the mix.

Back to Luke, Lord my sister has left me to do all the work. Well, that didn’t apply to us. My sister and her hubby had his mom and grandmother to take care of, kids and grandkids and they were working more than 40 hour weeks at jobs in Iowa.

Then my attention was drawn to Isaiah 41:10 and I think this is a rhema scripture for me having my own name, Marijo Lynn Martha, stamped upon it. It says basically that I am not supposed to fear, because God (creator of the universe!) is with me, little old Martha-y me. That He is my God, should I doubt like I sometimes do. No, I don’t doubt Him, it is me I sometimes have serious reservations about. He goes on promising that he will strengthen me and help me and uphold me with His righteous right hand. That is where the spotlight should be, not on me and my puniness but on Jesus and His victorious right hand. The right hand of His righteousness, that is quite a relief.

Moving right along we turn to Philippians 4:9 which speaks to whatever we have learned or received or heard to put it into practice (from the writer) and promising that the God of peace will be with me.

John 16:24 goes on and says that until now you have not asked anything in my name (Jesus' name) and that we are to ask and we shall receive and our joy will be complete.

Then Proverbs 3:5 comes into play next. We are to trust in the Lord with all our heart and lean not to our own understanding … How many times have I thought I had it all figured out and then in hindsight saw how far off base I was, really. Marijo Phelps

Dearest Lord Jesus, I realize as I pause to pray that in writing this piece I have gotten into your Word and spent time with you. Thank you for the banquet of promises contained within those pages. Thank you that you are so creative in the ways you choose to speak life into our hearts. Thank you that right now I am purposing to stop, close the doors in my over busy mind and talk to you. And may all those reading this do the same. AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment