Friday, May 11, 2018

Lord, Is This a Good Time to Call?

Evening and morning and at noon I utter my complaint and moan, and he hears my voice. (Psalm 55:17 ESV)

Lord, Is This a Good Time to Call?
In the “good old days”, people dropped into our home at all hours of the day and night. Time didn’t matter much back then. The door was always open and the coffee pot was always on the stove. It was not necessary to make a phone call and schedule a visit. Visitors were always welcome. My family thrived on company.

Sunday afternoons used to be a favorite time for visiting. If one was absent from Sunday school or Church that morning, you were bound to get a visit (or two) from church family. It was that extra-special “helping” of love served by caring friends.

Things are different today. So many people work shift-work. Men and women of the home are usually both working. Visits must be prearranged. Phone calls are even made carefully so as not to waken a shift-worker.

It is not so with our Heavenly Father. Praise Him! He says come to Him morning, noon and evening and He will hear our voice. Beloved, He will also recognize our voice.

When I was young we used to have a “party-line” telephone. We had to be careful when we picked up the phone to see if the line was being used by someone else; and we had to courteously limit our time on the line. God is not only available morning, noon and night. His line is always open … no busy signals. He answers every caller personally; no "punching-in" extra numbers to get connected. E.J. Swanson

Father, Help me to realize that You are always available to me…all day and all night. I can cry out to You even in the midnight hour and You will hear. Truly You never leave me nor forsake me. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment