Friday, January 2, 2015

The Only New Year's Resolutions That Work

New Year's Resolutions That Work
With the dawning of each New Year, many of us set aside resolutions, with the goal of improving ourselves and our relationships. Studies have shown that the most common New Year’s Resolutions have to do with weight loss, financial goals, job security, strengthening relationships, even spiritual disciplines. We are good for few days, even weeks, only to be disappointed with ourselves and fail with our own good intentions before the end of January.

From personal experience, many times I failed with my weight loss goal, until I finally gave up trying and started trusting. I give God the glory for I know it’s His grace and my obedience to His will that helped me lose those unwanted pounds that saved my life. As I keep on trusting and obeying, He will continue working in every aspect of my life. My main goal this year and years to come is to know Jesus Christ more and more each day and strengthen my relationship with Him so that His name will be glorified in whatever I do.

I believe that the only resolutions we need that will work can be found in none other than the Holy Book. As we obey, there will come times when we have lapses of memory, but nonetheless, as we surrender to the Power much greater than ourselves, we will succeed.

“Commit to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed.” Proverbs 16:3

“Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will do this.” Psalm 37:5

“Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.” Psalm 37:4

“Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall.” Psalm 55:22

“But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.” Matthew 6:33

As we sail into the ocean of uncertainties this year, as we face the storms of life, as we smile at our own little triumphs, as we seek new adventures and try to find meaning into our own existence, my prayer is that we will never forget the very Hands that created us, molded us, and the very Hands who can take us to the place where we choose to belong.

A blessed New Year to all! To God be the glory forever and ever, Amen! Gloria Tiquia

No comments:

Post a Comment