Friday, January 9, 2015

God's Will Never Fails

The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O LORD, endures forever. (Psalm 138:8a ESV)

God's Will Never Fails
Being a single person with health problems and a busy work schedule, sometimes I am forced to put aside tasks I feel I really need to get done, and that makes me feel like such a failure. For instance, I don’t always get my laundry done, clean my house as often as I’d like, or do my dishes every day.

I have learned, though, that not everything is “eternally relevant” and that as long as I am where God wants me and I am doing the assignments God gives me, then I am not a failure (even if I haven’t dusted my furniture for a while). I do believe that I should take care of my things because God has given them to me. But, God also knows my heart and my crazy schedule and He isn’t holding that against me.

Recently my pastor said this: “When we try to do things in our own strength, we will fail. When we let God work through us to accomplish something, we will never fail, even if the world says so … for we have done what God has asked.”

God doesn’t grade us by the same criteria that man does. According to man, I’d be considered lazy and slothful. On the other side, God knows that I’d like nothing better than to be able to do all of the things on my list … but I know if I look to God for guidance, He will give me the wisdom to shorten my to-do list and prioritize the things listed.

What I need to focus on, is showing God’s love to those around meif I do that, everything else on my “list” falls into their correct placement and I will learn to manage my time and resources in a Biblical way. When I look to God for strength to do something He has asked me to do, God is given all the glory (because I know I could not have done it on my own).

Jesus said, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” (2 Corinthians 12:9a ESV) Bridget Gazlay

No comments:

Post a Comment