Friday, April 17, 2020

A Testimony of God’s Grace

A Testimony of God's Grace

I used to attend a church that emphasizes works beyond grace, and a salvation that requires maintaining till the end to be saved (Matthew 24:13). Such teachings frequently led to guilt and condemnation, especially when I fail to meet up to my own, God’s and others’ expectations.

After joining a grace-based church that preaches God’s unmerited favor without attempting to balance or mix with the law, I have come to understand more in-depth how much Jesus loves me, and the completeness of His finished work at the cross. When storms come blowing on my door and things around me get crazy, I know I can rest in Him. In my weakness, He is my strength, and what I can’t, I know God can. To me, the Christian life is not about what I can do (for God), but what God had done (for me). Edmond Ng

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (2 Corinthians 12:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment