Friday, June 15, 2018

Loving God in a Deeper Way

'As the dear pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God'. (Psalm 42:1-2)

Loving God in a Deeper Way
How many of us long for God in this way? How many of us seek God with all our heart?

Do you want to know the Lord more and long for a deeper relationship with Him? Then you need to spend time with Him – to seek Him each day.

In our quick fix world we want things now and with little effort, but there is no quick way. You can't pray and expect God to give you an instant deep relationship.

Relationships take time, effort, and have to be built. The more time you spend in God's presence and in His word, the more you'll want to. As you draw ever closer to Him, so will your love for Him and His word. The more you know Him, the more He will reveal His heart and will to you, and the more you will begin to see the plans laid out for you.

I have found this in my own walk with God as I struggled with consistency in my quite times.

I decided it was time to discipline myself and make time each day for God. As the weeks went by I started to notice just how much my love for God and His word had grown; I began to hunger for Him each day. I long for God more and more, passionate for the Father and His Word.

God promises us that the more we draw near to Him the more He will draw near to us. Phil Russ

'Come near to God and He will come near to you' (James 4:8)

Father, how I long to thirst for you and to know your heart. Help me to set aside time each day to draw near to You and Your Word; to love You more and to deepen my relationship with You. Thank You that you promise to draw near to us as we draw near to You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment