Friday, February 23, 2018

Love Reservoir

Love Reservoir
EACH ME, O’ Lord, how to be content with just belonging to you! I woke up this morning with this prayer because I was missing loving on someone. I had been loving on a man for ten years, and whether he deserved it or not he got that love because I was devoted to my husband. Now as a single Christian woman, with three kids and a youth praise dance ministry, I have a lot of love to give but every woman reading this right now knows what I’m not talking about that kind of love!

God gave us the innate desire to love and want to be loved. So I’ve been feeling this tug to love again. But then my thoughts went to the scripture about the woman at the well. Even after six husbands, she was still thirsty. Jesus assured her if she drunk from the living water she will not be thirsty again!

Jesus is telling us today, “Let me fill your love reservoir with my eternal living water and you will thirst no more!” And the great part about it is, Jesus will meet you where you’re at. Jesus was at the well before the woman got there. Even in your place of emptiness, loneliness, and solitude, Jesus is already there waiting to fill you up, comfort you and walk with you. He wants to be the lover of your soul!

We have to continue to thirst after him daily and long for HIS love or we will be thirsty for anything! Shawanda Harden

“Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” John 4:13-14 NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment