Friday, January 12, 2018

Loss for Words

Loss for Words
Most of us, if we’ll admit it, are seldom at a loss for words. We seem to find, at least a word or two, on just about anything. Comments, become discourse, until conversations gradually cease, leaving us in the spotlight for monologues. Yes, we do ramble. Yet, at times, in critical situations, we find ourselves groping for words from thin air. We find ourselves at the fork in the road and don’t know where to go with the topic next …

Jeremiah reached a pivotal point. He had heard God’s call to serve as a prophet. “Then I said, ‘Alas, Lord God! Behold, I do not know how to speak, Because I am a youth (Jeremiah 1:6 NAS).” He felt ill equipped and inadequate. God promised His presence, and to provide the message. (Verses 7-8) “Then the Lord stretched out His hand and touched my mouth, and the Lord said to me, ‘Behold, I have put My words in your mouth (Jeremiah 1:9 NAS).” 

God’s word, in our mouths, is personal, passionate, and powerful!

“Lord, fill my mouth for ministry.” PamFord Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment