Friday, January 27, 2017

Learning to Lean

Learning to Lean
Are you left alone to face the music? Have others deserted you, forcing you to stand on your own? It hurts deeply to feel like you have been abandoned, thoughtlessly cast aside. It cuts deep, possibly leaving lifetime scars. If not dealt with hurt often turns to bitterness and anger.

Even the apostle Paul dealt with the hardship of desertion. He did not rely on others, their faithfulness or approval. “At my first defense no one stood with me, but all forsook me. May it not be charged against them. But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me, so that the message might be preached fully through me, and that all Gentiles might hear. Also I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion,” (2 Timothy 4:16-17 NKJ)

Paul’s security and support came directly from the Lord. Jesus fully understood Paul’s feelings, when finding those trusted turning away, when most needed. “Then all the disciples forsook Him and fled” (Matthew 26: 56b NKJ). Lean on Jesus. It is a sign of true strength to admit our weakness and lean on the Rock! PamFord Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment