Friday, May 27, 2016

Jesus Walked Before You

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. (Hebrews 4:15 KJV)

Jesus Walked Before You
Some spiritual truths have to sink in before I accept them. My mind tends to get in the way, and God must set my thinking straight. Such was the case when I heard a sermon declaring that Jesus was 100 percent human and 100 percent divine. This profound truth left me awestruck. My heart was eager to know the truth, but my head was putting up a good fight. After praying and giving the matter to God, my mind and heart agree that Jesus Christ was both fully human and fully divine.

Jesus did not become a man in part, but was fully human with a body, mind, will, and emotions. Jesus got hungry and thirsty and became tired and weary. Above all, He was mortal and died. A beautiful expression of love, Jesus laid down His life so you can have everlasting life.

Having walked on this earth, Jesus understands the trials and temptations you face. Because He is fully divine, you can be confident that He has the power to change circumstances and lives, and heal sicknesses and sorrows. If you are grief-stricken, remember that Jesus wept at the tomb of Lazarus. If you are falsely accused, if your friends betray you, if you are rejected and ridiculed, remember that Jesus knew no sin, and He died for you. Susan Ferguson

No comments:

Post a Comment