Friday, June 19, 2015

Watching Over Us

For He will give His angels charge concerning you, To guard you in all your ways. (Psalm 91:11 NAS)

Watching Over Us
My wife and I waited at the airport for the arranged transportation, but it never arrived. We decided then to take the public transport to the bus station nearest where we were supposed to stay for the next few days. With our luggage in hand, we eventually reached the station, only to find out our destination was still a distance away. Not knowing where we were or the phone number to call a cab, we were totally helpless as to what we should do next. Thankfully, someone at the bus stand offered to call a cab for us using his mobile phone.

In our time of need, a kind soul came to our rescue and helped us, and we were wondering later on whether he could be an angel sent by God to direct our way. That was just one of the many situations my wife and I experienced which we remembered vividly because of the unusual circumstances. 

More recently, I have seen time and again how God changed situations to put things right whenever I encounter situations I knew I could do nothing about on my own, and I am bearing up to trust Him more. In the face of difficulties that could lead to dire consequences, frequently at the right time, things fell together to allow me to handle the circumstances in a manner only God could have made a way where there seemed no other way.

Looking back at the time of my youth in the faith till today, I could see the wonders of God working through people and perhaps angels who led me and my family out of difficult situations. I could not imagine how I would have continued the journey without their help. Surely, God had given His angels charge concerning me, to guard me in all my ways. My foot has never slipped because He who keeps me does not slumber (Psalm 91:11; 121:3). 

As a chosen people saved by God, we can rest assured that God will not leave us to our own situations without help. He cares for us too much not to see us through the circumstances we may face. At times, He may bring us out of difficult situations, and at other times He may choose to let us go through them to let us know His presence and care or to fulfill His purpose in us. 

We who dwell in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty for the Lord is our refuge and our fortress, our God in whom we trust. He is the one who delivers us from the snare of the trapper and from deadly pestilence. Under His wings we will find refuge, for His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark. He has given His angels charge concerning us and they will bear us up in their hands so that we do not strike our foot against a stone (Psalm 91:1-12).

There is therefore no need for us to be afraid of what lies ahead. We can confidently take the steps necessary to fulfill the plans God has for us. Whatever the situations we are facing right now or awaiting us, we can count on God to be with us and to lead us. Knowing that His angels are guarding us in all our ways, we can rest assured God is on our side. What can people do to us? The LORD is with us and He is our helper. In triumph we will look on our enemies without fear (Psalm 118:6-7).

Thank You, dear Lord, for being our shield and bulwark, our refuge and our fortress. In You, O God, we trust! Guide, lead, and see us through our situations and circumstances. Deliver us from the snares of our enemies and from deadly pestilence. Grow in us a greater measure of faith as we walk closer to You each day. Grant us Your perfect peace that surpasses comprehension so that we might not worry too much or feel apprehensive of the things coming our way, but knowing that You have given Your angels charge concerning us, we will bear up to trust You more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment