Friday, April 17, 2015

He is Near

The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all. (Psalm 34:18-19 NKJ)

He is Near
So often, when our heart is broken, we feel that the Lord is far away, but just the opposite is true. He promised that in our anguish, He is near us. We do not always feel like the Lord is there, but when we look back, we can see His hand upon our situation all along. When we reach Glory with Him, in eternity, we will surely see the days of our lives and how the Lord has been active and present and ever helping us in every aspect of our lives. 

I can honestly say from personal experience, that if not for the comfort of the Holy Spirit, our Comforter, I do not know where I would be. So often I hide from the fact that God loves me so much and that He is there to comfort me in times of trouble. It seems too good to be true. However, God IS good, and so are His truths and promises. He is infinitely good and faithful and everything about Him benefits us. 

Another thing He promised is that the righteous will be afflicted, and often, to boot ... can I get an "oy vey"?? Haha. However, He did say that He would deliver us out of ALL our trials. God is not a "sometimes, maybe, when I feel like it God" He is eternal and so is His help. There is only one thing God cannot do-fail. And He will never fail to help us. 

Unfortunately, I, as well as others, I am sure, fail to realize this, and the more we doubt God the deeper we dig ourselves into a pit ... a pit of doubt, self pity, and unnecessary pain. I've been a Christian for five and a half years and every time I have doubted God the results have been the exact same-pain, fear, and anguish. And whenever I turned back to Him again, there has always been a renewed hope in my heart. It's inevitable. 

When your heart is broken, its easy to give up, and give into the hurt. Often, it even seems like the only solution. However, when we fall into the arms of He who loves us, who IS love, He will catch us and hold us close until it is over. This verse promises that He is the Deliverer. When troubles come, call upon the Deliverer. Let Him fight your battles, He is more able to handle them than we are. Jamie Glaser

No comments:

Post a Comment