Friday, July 5, 2013

Deep Water

When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. (Isaiah 43:2 NLT)

Deep Water
I can remember taking swimming lessons as a child. In order to pass, we were required to jump off the diving board. This terrified me, but it was the final step in proving we could swim. I did not have a lot of confidence in my ability to accomplish this task. Finally, the instructor swam out near where I would resurface after jumping and assured me that he would be there if I needed assistance. The deep water terrified me, but knowing someone was there to save me if I could not make it on my own gave me the courage to complete the task.

Sometimes in life, things get so difficult you literally feel like you are drowning. The more you struggle the deeper you seem to go. Maybe things seem totally hopeless. You try your best, but the situation just continues to get worse. Isaiah 43:2 reminds us that no matter the battle, God is with us. He will not let us drown in the raging river or be burned up by the fire.

Exodus 14:13 says, 'The Lord will fight for you; you need only be still.' In deep water sometimes you cannot tell which way it is to the surface. It is a natural instinct to fight for your next breath, but if you will be still your body will typically begin to surface. Our lives are the same way. Sometimes, we just need to be still and let God fight for us. Soon we will see the light begin to emerge at the surface of our problem as God fights for us.

What is the deep water in your life today? Maybe it’s a relationship that seems to be crumbling at your feet, an addiction that controls your every thought, or financial difficulties that consume all your energy. Whatever the struggle, God will be with you. He will not let you drown! Tresa Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment