Friday, December 23, 2011

A Life Decision: Testimony of Joyce Schneider

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV)

Joyce SchneiderI experienced an abortion in 1985. At that time, I was unmarried, alone and ashamed to tell my family. I was involved with sex, drugs and alcohol, and ended up pregnant and confused.

I had been brought up in the church, but I did not have a personal relationship with Jesus. As a result, I rebelled early in life and went off on my own path, which took me down many rocky roads.

After my abortion, I spent the next 17 years of my life filled with guilt and shame, hating myself for what I had done.

My abortion affected all aspects of my life, including my relationships with others and my own self-image.

In September of 2000, I gave my life to Jesus, and asked for forgiveness for having that abortion. And although I knew that God had forgiven me, I could not forgive myself.

I lived in a world of constant suffering, denying myself the pleasures of enjoying the family that God had given to me.

In July of 2002, I was finally able to accept God's amazing grace, mercy and forgiveness, and let go of the guilt and shame of my past.

The freedom the Lord gave to me that day set me free!

The burden of that terrible sin was gone. In its place, was the desire to share my story with others, with the hope that I might encourage someone to reconsider this life changing decision and the consequences it would have on their tomorrows, as well as the encouragement that there is hope and healing through the love of Jesus for our past mistakes.

God has taken the pain of my past and turned it around for His purpose and in the process, my life has become full!

And He is ready, willing and waiting to do the same for you!

Take that step of faith ... you deserve to live the life God planned for you!

It's all because of Jesus. Joyce Schneider

No comments:

Post a Comment