Sunday, September 28, 2008

Experiencing God as a Witness

Eagles RendezvousI have just attended a Bible Study seminar organized by Eagles Communications on 'Connecting Hearts: Sharing Christ Winsomely' which aims to equip Christians to become effective witnesses for the Lord.

The following is a summary of what I have learnt from the first training session on 'Person: Experiencing God As A Witness'.

The Bible study text is based on 1 Peter 3:8-17, which verses are set in the context of four worlds:

  • Blinded World
  • Boring World
  • Brief World
  • Broken World

Blinded World (1 Peter 1:14)
A story is told of a rich financial trader about how after he has bought his Ferrari, met a car accident which destroyed the Ferrari. In his unhappy state, he complained to the police about how his car has been wrecked, only to receive a reply from the police that he is too materialistic not to see the greater lost - the lost of his arm. On realizing the lost of his arm, the rich financial trader instead of expressing concern for his arm, was more concerned about his missing Rolex watch with the missing arm.

Boring World (1 Peter 1:18)

An illustration of how this world sees life as being boring is shown on the following video clip.


Brief World - Empire Come & Go (1 Peter 1:24)
The rise and fall of empires: Persian, Greek, Roman, and Byzantine.

Broken World - Terror of Bitterness (1 Peter 1:22; 2:13ff)
A world of broken ruler-ruled relationship, broken social and familial relationship.

How should we live among pre-Christians?
Above all, live Christ as Lord in our hearts (1 Peter 1:15) to make Him the center of our lives because Jesus knows us better than we know ourselves.

Better Than I Know Myself (by Cliff Richard)
You were there - at the moment I began
When the child became a man
Saw my future in the making - saw
the path my life was taking
You saw a million things I'll never understand

You know me better than I know myself
Better than I know myself
Time after time you've shown it to be true
That no one loves me like you

You are here so let it rain or let it shine
You are with me all the time
When I'm waking - When I'm sleeping
In the secret thoughts I'm keeping
You know everything about this heart of mine

You know me better than I know myself
Better than I know myself
Time after time you've shown it to be true
That no one loves me like you

You'll be there - when the end of time has come
And I know you'll take me home
So I thank you for tomorrow
All my joys and all my sorrows
And I thank you for the greatest thing I've known

You know me better than I know myself
Better than I know myself
Time after time you've shown it to be true
That no one loves me like you

Eagles Rendezvous

No comments:

Post a Comment