Friday, July 12, 2013

Ultimate Stain Remover

“Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the Lord. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.” (Isaiah 1:18 NIV)

Ultimate Stain Remover
My friend has a theory that when you get married God gives you a marriage download. All of a sudden those household mysteries, like how to cook a nutritious dinner every night, and impressing your father-in-law with your sporting knowledge, just fall into your head and you become the perfect spouse. I don't know about you but when I got married I missed out.

I wish I received one thing in a download package when I got married. 

All I want is the ability to remove stains from the brand new white cotton linen my husband and I bought right after our honeymoon. I loved the fresh, crisp look of the white sheets and carefully made sure to wash them only with other white clothes. 

One afternoon, when the bedding was blown off the line onto the sand was all it took to turn my beautiful white linen into a patchwork of browns. A bit like sin, dirt crept onto them when I wasn’t looking, and caused a stain I couldn’t remove. 

I really tried to get those stains out. 
I tried bleach.
I tried leaving them out for the good old African sun. 
I tried miracle stain removing paste.

Nothing would completely remove the marks. My struggle to remove these blemishes made me think a little harder about Isaiah 1:18 and the miracle God performs when he takes our bright red sins and turns them as white as the froth on a cappuccino.

God hasn’t just tried (like me) to scrub out the sin in your life but he’s actually removed all trace of it (it’s like you have brand new sheets not just bleached white ones). He’s given us a brand new life, not just a new lease on life. Don’t take this gift he’s given us for granted.

Have you ever sat and thought about the miracle God has performed in removing our sins for good? Take a moment to thank him for making you completely new. Wendy van Eyck

No comments:

Post a Comment